Sunday 24 November 2013

The Treetop Trip and the Cheerleading Conundrum

Met my pal Sue in line for the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who at the movies.
"Not much happening in way of the blog," she mentioned. I agreed. There's been some progress of sorts, but I haven't had time to fill you in.

Right, let's see - in terms of the "travel to three countries I've never been before" objective - I've booked us a holiday in Greece in January - sort of celebrating d's birthday, though it won't be on the exact dates of that occasion. Flights booked, accommodation sorted, all good to go and groovy. Oh, insurance. Must sort out travel insurance...

So whatever one third of a tick is, consider it made on that one. A ti-?

Likewise on the "sleep in a treehouse" thing - booked a place at a treehouse near Bath, which happens in August.

The losing four stone malarkey continues to go in the wrong direction, and must obviously be addressed, as it's the gateway to a handful of other things that are on the list.

I did try to run a mile without dying a couple of weeks ago. Failed. Ran 600 metres before my heart was all kindsa "Are you kidding me with this shit?!"

Hmm...work to do. Back to the gym tomorrow.

Finally, thank the deeply unlikely gods, got past album four in the Floyd challenge. An odd thing happened then - albums five and six imported a big box of "tunes" from somewhere, so I sawed through those reasonably quickly and with minimal bloodloss from the ear. Just need to finish album seven and then I'm on to the allegedly seminal "Dark Side of the Moon".

Update:
Gone past Dark Side while not writing this blog. Now on Floyd album #8, Wish You Were Here.

Been talking to Sian by text this afternoon. She was going to do some demented marathon as one of her Beeblebrox tasks, but it turns out it's full for next year, so she's hit on an alternative.

Cheerleading.

"Erm...you do know you're not allowed to do sarcastic cheers...right?" I asked, tentatively.
"Oh bugger," she said. "Really?"
"Really," I assured her.
"Well, so much for that then..." she said.

The thing is, medical science has yet to find a bone in Sian's body that doesn't ooze sarcasm if you break it (and believe me, she's been testing the theory extensively, breaking many bones in pursuit of the idea of doing things because they're there. I maintain of course that because they're there is actually a reason to avoid the bejeesus out of some things...)

But the thing about this Beeblebrox challenge is that is hsould make us do some things we don't think we're capable of, or others don't think we're capable of, as well as all the stuff were foing cos we simply haven't got round to them yet.

So I reckon she should give it a go. Cheerleading kit, pom-poms, bunches, the whole deal. And enthusiastic cheers.

This is gonna be fuuuuuuun!

No comments:

Post a Comment