Monday 4 November 2013

The Blood Donor

Well now...
Today was going to be the day I made my first attempt at #19, run a mile without dying. Ma and I got to the gym, sauntered to the reception desk.
"Sorry, we're closed," said the young woman behind the desk.
"What?" we said in unison.
"Burst pipe," she said. "Sorry..."

So - bugger. Am going to go back tomorrow on my own, and if the pipes are less burst, have a go at that one.

Underlined the achievement of a return to blood donation today, by...erm...actually going to get the blood sucked out of me. Job done.
Moving closer to the reading to children thing too - Meeting at a local school, in fact the primary school I attended back in the middle ages, on Wednesday morning to see how it's done, and then presumably to do it.

Currently listening to my third Floyd album. Moving ever closer to my original assertion that life's too short to listen to Pink Floyd.

And have realised that somewhere along the line, Sian's stolen a march on me, by filling in the last of her challenges - she now has her full 42, whereas I'm still only on 33. Will have to give this some serious thought soon.

Along with making arrangements to get some of my items crossed off - dance classes, golfing, treehouse, all that sort of malarkey.

Going to be moderately unhappy tomorrow morning, I predict - in my quest to lose 3 stone from my starting weight of 17st 10.25, I have a distinct feeling tomorrow I may record a weight that's radically in the wrong direction. May see 18 stone tomorrow. Unff...must get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment